Book a cheap City Break to Prague with Best4Travel! Find cheap flights to Prague and great holiday deals on hotels in Prague. Cheap weekend getaways. Czech Republic holidays. Best4Travel
Book a cheap city break to Prague with Best4Travel! Nestled in the heart of Europe, Prague is the dazzling capital city of the Czech Republic (also known as Czechia). As well as being an eclectic shopping city that rivals the likes of Paris, London and Rome, Prague is also unique for the city’s preservation of its original Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture. From the winding alleyways of the Staré Město (Old Town) which go back to the 10th century, to the vibrant Wenceslas Square in Nové Město (New Town), any holiday in Prague is sure to be a truly immersive, cultural experience, no matter the holiday’s duration!
Here at Best4Travel, we have access to great-value deals on flights and centrally located accommodation in Prague that you won’t find anywhere else.
For more information on any of the hotels or destinations featured on our website, or for a tailored quotation on any of our City Break Packages, please visit any one of our stores nationwide, or simply call one of our expert travel agents today at our Irish call centre FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Astronomical Clock
A must-see attraction in Prague since its installation in the early 15th century, the Astronomical Clock is a stunning feature of the city’s Old Town Hall! The clock features an astronomical dial, which shows the position of the Sun and Moon in the sky above. At the top of the hour, you'll notice that all eyes in the area will go to the clock to watch the figures of various Apostles, saints, and Death himself march around in time with the bells.
- Wenceslas Square
Located in Prague's New Town, Wenceslas Square is a bustling boulevard named after St. Wenceslas, the patron saint of Bohemia. Here you will find all of the shops and restaurants one would expect to see on the main street of a European capital city, though with a surprising amount of greenery in between!
- Prague Castle
The official residence of the Czech president, the Lobkowicz Palace is open to the public through a national museum and St. Vitus’ Cathedral located in the palace grounds.
- Charles Bridge
While in Prague you may notice that Charles Bridge is a prominent feature in the majority of postcards available! This beautiful 14th century bridge over the Vltava River is one of the most visited sights in Prague.
- Lennon Wall
The highly graffitied Lennon Wall has been routinely covered in quotes and pictures inspired by the late musician John Lennon (of Beatles fame) since the 1980s, when it was first done to spite the then ruling communist regime.
- National Marionette Theatre
Home to the best of Czech marionettes and puppet shows, the National Marionette Theatre is rivalled only by the famous Spejbl & Hurvinek Theatre, also in Prague.
- The Museum of Communism & KGB Museum
Both the Museum of Communism and KGB Museum feature historical artifacts and interactive exhibitions that cover the terror and paranoia that was part of everyday life in Czechoslovakia under communist rule. The period covered by both museums starts with the Soviet-backed coup d’état in 1948, and concludes with the fall of the Czech communist party after the 1989 Velvet Revolution.
Where to Eat in Prague
Part of the fun in visiting a new country is discovering and enjoying the local cuisine for yourself. However, on a city break it can often be difficult to know where to start.
To help set your holiday off on the right foot, we here at Best4Travel have compiled a list of the Top Rated Restaurants in Prague, divided by price to cater for all budget types!
- Low Cost
- Sad Man's Tongue Bar & Bistro, Konviktska 7, Prague 11000
- Nase maso, Dlouhá 39, Prague 110 00
- U Magistra Kelly, Sporkova 5, Prague 118 00
- Moderately Priced
- Wine O'Clock Shop Prague, Liliova 16, Old Town, Prague 110 00
- Indian By Nature, Pernerova 478/1, Prague 186 00
- Be Bop Lobby Bar, Stepanska 40, Prague 110 00
- Bellevue, Smetanovo nabrezi 329/18, Prague 110 00
- Mlynec Restaurant, Novotného lávka 199/9, Prague 110 00
- Terasa u Zlate Studne, U Zlate studne 166/4, Mala Strana, Prague 118 00
- Pivovarský klub, Křižíkova 272/17, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín
- Ferdinanda, Politických vězňů 1597/19, 110 00 Nové Město
- Vinograf Senovazne, Senovazne namesti 23, Prague 110 00
- M1 Lounge Bar & Club, Masná 705/1, 110 00 Staré Město
- Dejavu, Jakubská 648/6, 110 00 Staré Město
- Jazz Republic, Jilská 352/1, 110 00 Staré Město
With Best4Travel you can have a transfer arranged for you from Václav Havel Airport straight to your hotel! The approximate transfer times from the airport to Prague’s top hotel and tourist destinations are as follows:
- Old Town (Staré Mesto): 30 minutes
- New Town (Nove Mesto): 35 minutes
- Wenceslas Square: 40 minutes
For more information or for a tailored quotation on transfers to any of the destinations in Prague featured above, please drop into any one of our stores nationwide or call our expert Irish call centre today FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Currency: Czech Crown (Kč)
- Language: Czech
- Time Difference to Ireland: +1 hour
- Flight Time: Approx. 2 hours 25 minutes
- Local Phrases
- Hello: Dobrý den
- Good morning: Dobré ráno
- How are you?: Jak se máte?
- Good afternoon: Dobré odpoledne
- Good night: Dobrou noc
- Goodbye : Na shledanou
- Please: Prosím
- Thank you: Děkuju
- You’re welcome: Nemáš zač
- My name is…: Jmenuji se...
- Do you speak English?: Mluvíte Anglicky?
- I am from Ireland: Jsem z Irska
- Public Holidays
- 1 January:
- Restoration Day of the Independent Czech State
- New Year’s Day.
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- 1 May: Labour Day
- 8 May: Liberation Day
- 5 July: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day
- 6 July: Jan Hus Day
- 28 September: St. Wenceslas Day (Czech Statehood Day)
- 28 October: Independent Czechoslovak State Day
- 17 November: Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day
- 24 December: Christmas Eve
- 25 December: Christmas Day
- 26 December: St. Stephen’s Day