Book a cheap City Break to Amsterdam with Best4Travel! Find cheap flights to Amsterdam and great holiday deals on hotels in Amsterdam. Cheap weekend getaways. Netherlands holidays. Best4Travel
Book a cheap city break to Amsterdam with Best4Travel! As the capital of the Netherlands, Amsterdam is one of the most popular city break destinations in the world! The storybook houses that run along the city’s three main canals, and the enchanting Royal Palace further inland, prove that not all big urban cities look the same, while the canals themselves, having been built at the height of the Dutch Golden Age, have become an iconic landmark in their own right.
Here at Best4Travel, we have access to great-value deals on flights and centrally located accommodation in Amsterdam that you won’t find anywhere else. We can arrange your flights and hotel for you so you’re free to , stop to smell the tulips, grab a pair of clogs, and let yourself be swept away by one of the most beautiful capital cities that Europe has to offer!
For more information on any of the hotels or destinations featured on our website, or for a tailored quotation on any of our City Break Packages, please visit any one of our stores nationwide, or simply call one of our expert travel agents today at our Irish call centre FREE on 1800 814 000.
Amsterdam is home to some of the world’s most inspiring and valuable treasures, including the works of Van Gogh, Rembrandt, and Vermeer, which hold pride of place in the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Rembrandt House Museum, and Stedelijk Museum.
Amsterdam has been incredibly successful in preserving and sharing its history. One of the most popular sights in Amsterdam is undisputedly the Anne Frank House. Here, visitors can view the hidden rooms where Anne Frank, her family, and four others hid from 1942-1944 to evade Nazi persecution. The museum’s curators have installed an exhibition in the lower floors of the building, dedicated to the history of persecution and discrimination.
Where to Eat in Amsterdam
Part of the fun in visiting a new country is discovering and enjoying the local cuisine for yourself. However, on a city break it can often be difficult to know where to start.
To help set your holiday off on the right foot, we here at Best4Travel have compiled a list of the Top Rated Restaurants in Amsterdam, divided by price to cater for all budget types!
- Low Cost
- Omelegg, Nieuwebrugsteeg 24, 1012 AH
- Rob Wigboldus Vishandel, Zoutsteeg 6, 1012 LX
- Sir Hummus, Van Der Helstplein 2, 1072 PH
- Moderately Priced
- Zaza's, Daniel Stalpertstraat 103 hs, 1072 XD
- Mount Everest Tandoori, Spreeuwenpark 3D, 1021 GS
- Piqniq, Lindengracht 59 hs, 1015 KC
- De Silveren Spiegel, Centrum, 1012 SZ
- La Rive, Professor Tulpplein 1, 1018 GX
- Vinkeles, Keizersgracht 384 | The Dylan Amsterdam, 1016 GB
- Wynand Fockink, Pijlsteeg 31, 1012 HH
- In de Wildeman, Kolksteeg 3, 1012 PT
- Cafe Hill Street Blues, Warmoesstraat 52a, 1012 JG
- De School, Doctor Jan van Breemenstraat 1, 1056 AB
- WesterUnie, Klönneplein 4-6, 1014 DD
- Sugarfactory, Lijnbaansgracht 238, 1017 PH
The main worry you may have while planning a city break is how you can get the most out of your holiday in the time that you have. City breaks in Amsterdam, however, are made all the more appealing by the extensive transport network that has spread across the city. On your arrival, make sure to purchase a single or multi-day ticket for all GVB trams, buses and metros. Using these services is a quick and economical way to see all that Amsterdam has to offer!
If you hope to blend in with the locals, simply rent a bike to get from A to Z! There are famously more bikes than people in Amsterdam, so there are plenty to go around.
With Best4Travel you can have a transfer arranged for you from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol straight to your hotel! The approximate transfer times from the airport to the city’s top hotel and resort destinations are as follows:
- Amsterdam Centrum: 30 minutes
- Bos en Lommer: 15 minutes
- De Pijp: 20 minutes
- De Plantage: 30 minutes
- NDSM: 25 minutes
- Noord: 25 minutes
- Oost: 20 minutes
- Oostelijke Eilanden: 25 minutes
- Oud West: 25 minutes
- Oud Zuid: 15 minutes
- Westerpark: 20 minutes
- Zuidoost: 15 minutes
For more information or for a tailored quotation on transfers to any of the resorts in Amsterdam featured above, please call our expert Irish call centre today FREE on 1800 814 000
- Province: North Holland
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Language: Dutch
- Time Difference to Ireland: +1 hour
- Flight Time: Approx. 1 hour 35 minutes
- Local Phrases
- Hello: Hallo
- Good morning: Goedemorgen
- How are you?: Hoe gaat het?
- Good afternoon: Goedenavond
- Good night: Goedenacht
- Goodbye: Daag
- Please: Alstublieft
- Thank you: Dank u wel
- You’re welcome: Graag gedaan
- My name is...: Ik heet...
- Do you speak English?: Spreek je Engels?
- I am from Ireland: Ik kom uit Ierland
- Public Holidays
- 1 January: New Years Day
- 1 April: Easter Sunday
- 2 April: Easter Monday
- 27 April: King's Day
- 5 May: Liberation Day (Every 5 years. Next is in 2020)
- 10 May: Ascension Day
- 20 May: Pentecost Sunday (Whit Sunday)
- 21 May: Pentecost Monday (Whit Monday)
- 25 December: Christmas Day
- 26 December: Boxing Day
- 31 December: New Year's Eve