Book a cheap City Break to Porto with Best4Travel! Find cheap flights to Porto and great holiday deals on hotels in Porto. Cheap weekend getaways. Portugal holidays. Best4Travel
Book a cheap city break to Porto with Best4Travel! Holidays to Porto, in the north-west of Portugal, are sure to be a vibrant experience, with the city boasting some of the most colourful architecture in Europe!
Here at Best4Travel, we have access to great-value deals on flights and centrally located accommodation in Porto that you won’t find anywhere else!
For more information on any of the hotels or destinations featured on Best4Travel.ie, or for a tailored quotation on any of our City Break Packages, please visit any one of our stores nationwide, or simply call one of our expert travel agents today at our Irish call centre FREE on 1800 814 000.
Top Attractions in Porto
- Clérigos Tower: The bell tower of Clérigos Church, which can be seen from various points of Porto, is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. The Torre dos Clérigos was constructed in the early 17th century, and later became an important example of Baroque architecture. Today, the bell tower is often used as a meeting place, and as a lookout from which visitors can get panoramic views of the city.
- Crystal Palace Gardens: Designed in the 19th century by Emilie David, this 8 hectare garden offers scenic walks, fabulous views of the Douro River, and contains the Quinta da Macieirinha Romantic Museum, the Port Wine Museum, as well as the Porto Municipal Gallery.
- Porto Cathedral: Known to locals as the Sé, the Porto Cathedral was built in the 12th and 13th centuries, and is an official national monument of the city. Inside, the chapel is covered with traditional blue and white frescoes, and features a sculpture by the Portuguese artist Teixeira Lopes, and a medieval portrait of Our Lady of Vandoma (the city’s patron saint).
- Livraria Lello: Frequently rated as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world for its art nouveau/ gothic decor, the Lello bookstore in Porto has become so popular that in 2015 it had to start charging entrance fees! The red staircase twisting through the centre of the store is said to have inspired J.K. Rowling in her writing of the Grand Staircase featured in her Harry Potter series.
Where to eat in Porto
- Low Cost
- A Sandeira, Rua dos Caldeireiros 85, Porto 4050-140
- Folias de Baco, Rua dos Caldeireiros 136, Porto 4050-138
- DeGema Hamburgueria Artesanal, Rua do Almada 249, Porto 4050-038
- Moderately Priced
- Tapabento, Rua da Madeira, 222, Porto 4000-330
- Wine Quay Bar, 111 E 112 Muro dos Bacalhoeiros, Porto 4050-080
- Essencia Restaurante Vegetariano, Rua de Pedro Hispano 1196, Porto 4250-365
- O Paparico, Rua de Costa Cabral 2343, Porto 4200 232
- Ode Porto Wine House, Largo do Terreiro 7, Porto 4050-603
- Cafeína, Rua Padrão 100, Porto 4150-557
- Brasão Cervejaria Aliados, Rua de Ramalho Ortigão 28, Porto 4000-407
- Miradouro Ignez, Rua da Restauração 252, Porto 4050-592
- Capela Incomum, 79-81, Travessa do Carregal 77, Porto 4050-167
- Plan B Club, R. de Cândido dos Reis 30, Porto
- Hotfive Blues & Jazz Blues Club, Largo do Actor Dias 51, Porto 4000-098
- Club Musica 80's, Rua da Restauração 39, Porto 4050-503
With Best4Travel you can have a transfer arranged for you from Porto Airport (Francisco Sá Carneiro) straight to your hotel! The approximate transfer times from this airport to the city’s top hotel and tourist destinations are as follows:
- Avenida dos Aliados: 25 minutes
- Cedofeita: 15 minutes
- Historic Center: 15 minutes
- Praça da Liberdade: 20 minutes
- Ribeira: 25 minutes
- São Bento: 25 minutes
For more information or for a tailored quotation on transfers to any of the areas in Porto featured above, please call our expert Irish call centre today FREE on 1800 814 000
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Language: Portuguese
- Time Difference to Ireland: None
- Flight Time: Approx. 2 hours 45 minutes
- Local Phrases:
- Hello : Olá
- Good morning : Bom dia
- How are you? : Como estás?
- Good afternoon : Boa tarde
- Good night : Boa noite
- Goodbye : Tchau
- Please : Por favor
- Thank you :
- Obrigado (Male)
- Obrigada (Female)
- You’re welcome : De nada
- Where is…? : Onde fica…?
- Do you speak English? : Você fala inglês?
- I am from Ireland : Eu sou da Irlanda
- Public Holidays
- 1 January: New Years Day
- 30 March : Good Friday
- 25 April : Freedom Day
- 1 May : Labour Day
- 31 May : Corpus Christi
- 10 June : Portugal Day
- 24 June: Feast of St. John the Baptist
- 15 August : Assumption Day
- 5 October : Republic Day
- 1 November : All Saints Day
- 1 December : Restoration of Independence
- 8 December : Immaculate Conception
- 25 December : Christmas Day