Book a cheap holiday to Antigua with Best4Travel! Costa de Antigua is a sunny resort that's perfect for anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in Algarve.
Thanks to the close relationship we share with our hoteliers, we here at Best4Travel have a vast array of exclusive special offers to suit any budget or occasion, for the top hotels in Antigua!
For more information, or for a tailored quotation on any of the hotels or villas in Fuerteventura featured on Best4Travel.ie , please drop into any one of our stores nationwide, or call our expert travel agents today at our Irish call centre FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Rural Park Betancuria:
Fuerteventura is a UN Biosphere Reserve, with the entire island classified as being protected. The Rural Park Betancuria in Antigua is further classified as a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA), and is part of the Natura 2000 network. The park is a wonderful place to wander around if you fancy a break from the city!
The tranquil nature of Fuerteventura lends greatly to the calm atmosphere surrounding the island’s multiple golf courses. In Antigua, Fuerteventura Golf Club is home to a gorgeous, ocean-facing, 18 hole golf course designed by Juan Catarineu. Open all year round, this club offers lessons to suit every age group, after only six hours of which you can impress your friends by flying home with a diploma! Another well acclaimed club in the area is the Golf Club Salinas de Antigua.
- Caleta de Fuste Castle:
Built in 1743 by the acclaimed military engineer Claudio de Lisne, Caleta de Fuste Castle is an early example of the martellos built across the British Empire in the 19th century. This small, defensive fort was built to defend the coast from enemies of the Empire.
Where to Eat
To help set your holiday off on the right foot, we here at Best4Travel have compiled a list of the top cafés and restaurants in and around Antigua, divided by price to cater for all budget types.
- Low Cost
- Pizzart, Calle Pablo Picasso 22, 35610, Antigua
- The Cave - Lounge Cafe, Avenida Virgen de La Pena 3, 35610 Caleta de Fuste
- Blues Bar, 7 Calle Savila, Caleta de Fuste, Antigua
- Moderately Priced
- Pieros Music Cafe, Shopping Center El Castillo, Local D2, 35610, Antigua
- Cafe Del Town, C/Franchy Roca | Local, 10, 35610 Caleta de Fuste
- Ascension, Av. del Castillo, Centro Comercial Broncemar Beach, 35610 Caleta de Fuste
- La Fabiola, Calle Real 1, Fuerteventura, 35637
- Antonia, Piedra Blanca 126, 35639 Triquivijate Antigua
- Creperia y Tu Que Te Creps?, Avenida Juan de Bethencourt 20, 35600, Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura
With Best4Travel you can have a transfer arranged for you from Fuerteventura Airport straight to your hotel or villa! The approximate transfer time from the airport to Antigua is 25 minutes.
For more information or for a tailored quotation on transfers to any of the resorts in Fuerteventura featured on Best4Travel.ie, please call our expert Irish call centre today FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Currency: Euro
- Language: Spanish (mainly), English & German
- Time Difference to Ireland: None
- Flight Time: Approx. 4 hours
- Average Weather: 18-26°C annually
- Local Phrases:
- Hello: Hola
- Good morning: Buenos días
- How are you?: ¿Cómo estás?
- Good afternoon: Buenas tardes
- Good night: Buenas noches
- Goodbye: Adiós
- Please: Por Favor
- Thank you: Gracias
- You’re welcome: De nada
- Where is…?: Dondé está…?
- Do you speak English?: ¿Habla usted Inglés?
- I am from Ireland: Soy de Irlanda
- Tax: Duty Free
- Public Holidays:
- 1 January: Año Nuevo (New Years Day)
- 6 January: El Día de los Reyes (Feast of the Epiphany)
- March/April: Viernes Santo (Good Friday)
- 1 May: Fiesta del Trabajo (Labour Day)
- 30 May: Dia de Canarias (Canary Islands Day)
- 15 August: La Asunción de la Virgen (Feast of the Assumption)
- 12 October: Día de la Hispanidad (National Day)
- 1 November: Todos los Santos (All Saints Day)
- 8 December: La Inmaculada Concepción (The Immaculate Conception)
- 25 December: Navidad (Christmas)