Book a cheap holiday to Jandia with Best4Travel! This beautiful resort sits on a peninsula on the south-west of Fuerteventura, and boasts some of the best views of any resort town on the island!
Thanks to the close relationship we share with our hoteliers, we here at Best4Travel have a vast array of exclusive special offers to suit any budget or occasion, for the top hotels in Jandía!
For more information, or for a tailored quotation on any of the hotels or villas in Fuerteventura featured on Best4Travel.ie , please drop into any one of our stores nationwide, or call our expert travel agents today at our Irish call centre FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Parque Natural de Jandía: Taking up the vast majority of the Jandía peninsula is the Parque Natural de Jandía. As a protected nature reserve, the park features a collection of flora and fauna that is unique to the island. The park is also home to the Pico de Jandía, also known as Pico de la Zarza, the tallest mountain in Fuerteventura at 810 metres high. As with most geological features of the Canary Islands, the mountain has volcanic origins, though there are few signs of this today. There are plenty of walking routes to follow around Pico de Jandia, mostly consisting of dirt roads.
- Playa de Cofete: On the edge of the Natural Park, stretching over 10 km around the Jandía coast, is the stunning Playa de Cofete. This natural beach is unique for Fuerteventura in that it’s backed by the looming Jandia Chain mountain range, from which you can watch the waves roll in. Its location makes the beach about an hour’s drive from the Morro Jable fishing village, although its relative seclusion and peaceful atmosphere keeps people coming back to it. The current here is particularly strong, so it is not advised to swim in the sea. As such, there are no showers, loos, or lifeguards in the area.
- Playa de Sotavento: The name Playa de Sotavento actually covers a collection of beaches on the east coast of Jandía, the most popular of which is Playa de la Barca. A day in Playa de la Barca often comes with a show, with the unique wind conditions here lending perfectly to a number of water sports that are popular in the area. In fact, the local windsurfing club hosts the Windsurfing & Kiteboarding World Cup every year, bringing in plenty of spectators.
Where to Eat
To help set your holiday off on the right foot, we here at Best4Travel have compiled a list of the top cafés and restaurants in and around Jandía, divided by price to cater for all budget types.
- Low Cost
- Mis Abuelos, C/ Nuestra Senora del Carmen 1, Morro del Jable
- El Bar de Marko y Monica, Calle Sicasumbre 24, 35627 Costa Calma
- L'Aperipizza, Centro Comercial Plaza Junto al Centro Comercial Palmeral Planta Baja, 35627 Costa Calma
- Moderately Priced
- La Bodega De Jandia, Calle Diputado Manuel Velazquez Cabrera 4, 35625 Morro del Jable
- Simon’s Kitchen, Calle Piragua 6, 35625 Morro del Jable
- Tasca Dos Jotas, CC El Palmeral, N 38-39, Centro Comercial El Palmeral, 35627 Costa Calma
- Restaurante Marabu, Calle Fuente de Hija 2, 35626 Esquinzo
- Restaurante Casanova, Calle Pueblos S/n, Sensimar Royal Palm Resort & Spa, 35625 Esquinzo
- Jandia Cupcake, Calle Mascona, 35625 Morro del Jable, Pajara
With Best4Travel you can have a transfer arranged for you from Fuerteventura Airport straight to your hotel or villa! The approximate transfer time from the airport to Jandía is 1 hour.
For more information or for a tailored quotation on transfers to any of the resorts in Fuerteventura featured on Best4Travel.ie, please call our expert Irish call centre today FREE on 1800 814 000.
- Currency: Euro
- Language: Spanish (mainly), English & German
- Time Difference to Ireland: None
- Flight Time: Approx. 4 hours
- Average Weather: 18-26°C annually
- Local Phrases:
- Hello: Hola
- Good morning: Buenos días
- How are you?: ¿Cómo estás?
- Good afternoon: Buenas tardes
- Good night: Buenas noches
- Goodbye: Adiós
- Please: Por Favor
- Thank you: Gracias
- You’re welcome: De nada
- Where is…?: Dondé está…?
- Do you speak English?: ¿Habla usted Inglés?
- I am from Ireland: Soy de Irlanda
- Tax: Duty Free
- Public Holidays:
- 1 January: Año Nuevo (New Years Day)
- 6 January: El Día de los Reyes (Feast of the Epiphany)
- March/April: Viernes Santo (Good Friday)
- 1 May: Fiesta del Trabajo (Labour Day)
- 30 May: Dia de Canarias (Canary Islands Day)
- 15 August: La Asunción de la Virgen (Feast of the Assumption)
- 12 October: Día de la Hispanidad (National Day)
- 1 November: Todos los Santos (All Saints Day)
- 8 December: La Inmaculada Concepción (The Immaculate Conception)
- 25 December: Navidad (Christmas)